Thursday 27 January 2011

Amelle Interview with Glamour Magazine

Amelle Berrabah

  • By Charlotte Duck
  • Tuesday, 25 January 2011
Amelle Berrabah Interview
PA Photos
The Sugababe gets up close and personal with our ever-probing Glamour Inquisitor
1. Last text message you received?
Ooh let me check my phone. Tom, my boyfriend.
2. Last time someone saw you naked - and who?
Ha. This morning, my boyfriend!
3. Your celebrity crush growing up?
I used to really love Gary Barlow from Take That - confessing my love!! And then I moved on to Leonardo DiCaprio once I saw him in Titanic. I watched that film SO many times, I was completely in love with him.

4. Put your iPod on shuffle. Write down the first song that comes up
Kanye West, Paranoid, off his album 808s & Heartbreat. I love this tune.
5. Sum yourselves up in three words
Bubbly, honest and a good person.
6. If you could eat anything in the world right now, what would it be?
Right now I'm at The Hospital Club in Covent Garden, and they do an amazing club sandwich. This place always reminds me of that. So, I'd have the chicken club, minus the bacon!

7. Last book you read?
The Catcher in the Rye by J D Salinger.

8. Tell us about your involvement in Fight Cervical Cancer in Style.
The other girls in the Sugababes and I launched this campaign a year ago with a massive gig in Koko which was great for raising awareness, but still girls and women just don't know enough about this disease that kills nearly three women every day. This week is the European Cervical Cancer Prevention Week so now's a great time to highlight the simple steps that girls and women can take to reduce their risk, like leading a healthy lifestyle, cervical screening and HPV vaccination. I was so surprised to learn that whilst 44% of all girls and women surveyed recently correctly identified that cervical cancer is the most common cancer in women aged 20-29, 36% have, at some point, not attended their smear test when invited, and I feel this needs to be addressed.
Amelle is proud to support the 1st year anniversary of the Fight Cervical Cancer in Style campaign; a national campaign to educate and raise awareness about cervical cancer developed by GlaxoSmithKline, in association with Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust, the UK charity dedicated to cervical cancer. For more information speak to your local GP/nurse or visit www.showyourstyle.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment