According to the Wikipedia entry for Fernando Garibay he has been busy producing for Lady Gaga on "Born This Way". Not only that but also working on two tracks for The Sugababes new album named "Spiders" and "Dollhouse". This may explain why someone thought that "Born This Way" was sounding a little Sugababish as well as Madonna like.
Garibay worked on “Wait For You” & “Wear My Kiss” on The Sugababes 2009 Sweet 7 album.
The Wikipedia entry is shown below:-
Fernando Garibay is a Mexican music producer, DJ and songwriter.
He has been making records since the age of 16, specializing in uptempo contemporary pop music. He has had 2 Grammy nominations, produced five #1 singles and several top 10 Billboard Dance records; and has had numerous hit records both nationally and internationally with such artists as Lady Gaga, U2, and Britney Spears.
Fernando Garibay is currently an executive at Interscope Records and is signed to Interscope as an artist and producer with his own imprint Paradise/Interscope. Fernando is managed by Jimmy Lovine, Martin Kierszenbaum and Neil Jacobson.
- Lady Gaga “Dance in the Dark”
- Lady Gaga "Paparazzi" (SNL Version)
- Lady Gaga “No Way” (Unreleased song)
- The Paradiso Girls ”Who’s My B....”
- The Paradiso Girls ”My Dj”
- The Paradiso Girls ”Down”
- The Paradiso Girls ”Unpredictable”
- The Paradiso Girls ”Prima Donna”
- The Paradiso Girls ”Just Friends”
- Sean Kingston “My Girlfriend”
- U2 "Magnificent"
- U2 “I'll Go Crazy, If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight”
- Whitney Houston “Nothin' But Love”
- Sugababes “Wait For You”
- Sugababes “Wear My Kiss”
- Cassie "Sell It" ft. Diddy
- Valeria “Lola”
- Enrique Iglesias "Tu Y Yo"
- Starshell "SuperLuva"
- Natalia Kills "Love Is Suicide"
- Natalia Kills "Broke"
- Far East Movement "Fighting For Air"
- Lady Gaga “Alejandro” (American Idol Version)