Thursday 4 March 2010

Sugababes Launch - My Blog









Ok here goes my story of the Sugababes Launch in the evening of 3rd March 2010 .

Well the day started chaotic with lots to do and places to go, before getting ready to get to the Supperclub.


Last Saturday I had done a trial run to find the supperclub ,(Situated under the M40 flyover)to make sure I wouldn't get lost on Wednesday Night . Well I got lost alright and had to look at my A to Z (Yes i know I need a SatNav!) 3 times , until I found a road very near to the club. I thought we would never find it and be late for the Sugababes !!

The night was freezing cold, as my wife and I are not in the first flush of youth !We were wrapped up like extras from Dr.Zhivago, ahead of us in the queue (why are there always queues?)Were lots of the beautiful people you expect to go to clubs like this in the skimpiest of clothes and shortest of short sleeved shirts (Oh those were the days ! Didn't worry about lumbago or double pneumonia in those days !).

Anyway passed through security and ladies with clip boards , very effient !
Then once inside, the heat and noise was excellent and we were welcomed by a very big friendly man all in white ( Host/Greeter ?)who openned doors and obviously took pity on the two "oldies".
Oh yes i nearly forgot we were also given Sugababes drink tokens, both wondering if they made a nice cup of tea at the bar , but decided on alcohol instead. (Well be a shame not to ).

Once inside the Dance floor area we looked up and saw the balcony overlooking the stage , and I thought that would be a brilliant place to see all the action that Jade, Amelle and Heidi would provide with their routines.
Well we squeezed our way to where the stage was and got a seat on the beds (The whole room is lined with white linen covered beds with tables with drinks on )
We thought this very handy if we needed to nap later !

Well as my Mrs was being chatted to by some young men sitting next her (asking why we were there , obviously we looked out of place amongst the younguns !)They were told that i was BIG Jade Ewen and Sugababes Fan (not a surprise to you dear reader I know ).He then said it was so great that the Sugababes attracted a wide age range of supporters , and wished his Dad had come too. (OK yes that did make me feel OLD ).

Back to the action , the clock was ticking , The Sugababes would be here very soon , what do we do? Stay where we were or go upstairs . I asked another friendly Security guy (Guarding a door , that obviously no one was getting in or out of without a lot of trouble )can we go up to the Balcony area to watch and he said yes, the entrance is opposite.

The Mrs gets up to go , whilst I double check with Syliva from the Supperclub (Lovely girl, more later about her). Now she says you cant go up unless you have silver wristbands , well the Mrs does have tons of silver bracelets on but not one silver wristband between us. So i stay and the lovely Sylvia very kindly goes and gets the Mrs back for me , don't want to lose our treasured spot not as she informed me that , we are in the best place to get close to the sugababes, as they will be entrancing through that guarded door, right passed us to get to the stage . RESULT I thought !

Soon after that the music gets louder the lights grow dimmer and all attention is on the doorway as ...@DJSarahJane DJ Sarah Jane Crawford http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00k3jr2 walks through and for a second we thought that is was Jade !
Sarah Jane was there to introduce the Band , but to be truthful from where we were standing couldn't really hear what she said.
Will have video of her here somewhere!

Sarah Jane looked very fit by the way !

Well after another wait the Sugababes came through the door to a tumultuous screams, applause and flashing lights.Jade Amelle and Heidi all looked stunningly beautiful as they trooted past us and then we started to enjoy the show.
The play list is here

We clapped well when i wasnt taking photos or videos ,and shouted and waved but unfortunately due to our position next to the guitarist , and behind the speakers , most of the girls voices were unheard. We knew the words anyway and we saw them perform live and from the videos I have seen on youtube (with good sound) , they sounded amazing . So coming to the end Heidi was the first off the stage and got grabbed by the guys we were chatting to earlier, next off was Jade. Jade was again grabbed by the 3 guys , well this was my moment , even though the 3 Security Guys were trying get the girls off and backstage as quickly as possible , I shouted to her (Still very loud music going on) that i was JADEEWENFAN ! Her face lit up and she she said "Thank you for all your support , I really appreciate it " and with that I got a BIG HUG and our cheeks brushed . SWEET !
It may sound daft but that really made my day , week, month , year.
A lot of dreadful days have passed by personally for my Mrs. and I , but I always try to stay as positive as much as I can when things go wrong . Days like this are worth treasuring and remembering for the rest of my life.Oh and the Mrs. wasn't jealous of Jade at all , she knows Jade is a sweet loving girl and loves her and the Sugababes almost as much as I do ! (Hasn't got much choice ha ha ).

Then the Sugababes were gone to the dressing rooms and to do backstage interviews and meet with friends and family and stuff. By now we were parched , so went back to the bar . Whilst sipping our drinks , I remembered some of the guys saying from the afternoon Launch party that they had received posters, but tonight , no posters were around . Oh well I thought why not try my luck and ask the lovely Sylvia who was chatting to one of the Sugababes entourage luckily enough . She said she would ask and within 2 minutes managed to find a signed poster for me !! (Up on my office door already !)

So with that treasure under my arm and group hug on the way out from the Host/Greeter, we were on our way home we huge smiles on our Faces .

















So thanks to Amelle
Heidi
and of Jade for making an old man very happy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment