Sunday 14 March 2010

Amelle Berrabah opens up about her fella


Amelle Berrabah opens up about her fella
By Dean Piper on March 14, 2010 1:44 AM in My Sunday Mirror Column


Sugababe Amelle Berrabah has been secretly seeing a new man - and she couldn't help but confess all when we caught up this week.

Amelle, who has been single since splitting with her long-term beau Freddie Fuller a year ago, told me she's thrilled to have found new boyfriend Tom Benn - a former model who now works in management.

She gushed: "He's absolutely lovely. We've only been official for the past few weeks but it's great. Tom gets the industry and he gets me - which is a real bonus. He's romantic and he even took me to The Ivy for a Valentine's Day date. I'm glad I found him."

It's great to see Amelle moving on after a turbulent six-year romance with traveller Freddie, who almost lost his arm in a savage machete ­attack outside a pub.

But it wasn't just Amelle who opened up about her love life. Both Jade Ewen and Heidi Range were itching to talk about their fellas.

New band member Jade says her union with ­EastEnders star Ricky ­Norwood, who plays Fatboy, is going from strength to strength.

"He also understands the industry," Jade revealed. "In fact the same day I found out I was the new Sugababe he found out he was in EastEnders.

"We grew up together in East London and I've known him for years and years, so it felt very natural when we got together."

But both girls are going to have to pitch in to help Heidi in the run-up to her summer 2011 ­wedding to long-term boyfriend Dave Berry!

Over a champers lunch at the Metropolitan Hotel on London's Park Lane Heidi told me: "I'm scared! I haven't had time to go and look at venues. I want to do it as soon as possible and go and try some dresses on.

"Being engaged to the man I love is the best feeling ever. He chose the ring all by himself - and it's a good one."

The band are stronger than ever with brilliant new ­album Sweet 7 hitting stores tomorrow.

They've signed with ­Jay-Z's Roc-A-Fella Records and tell me they are ­planning to jet off to the States and Asia.

The Sugababes ­consistently deliver the goods with their music - and their future is clearly Sweet...

No comments:

Post a Comment