Wednesday 21 August 2013

Maximum Pop: Amelle reviews Ellie Goulding, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, MKS and herself!

amelle_review

AMELLE REVIEWS ELLIE GOULDING, LADY GAGA, KATY PERRY, MKS AND HERSELF!

It’s time for another Pop Star review where we give a super famous pop star the opportunity to become a talent scout without the commitment of being a judge on The X Factor.
We called on the help of current Sugababe (or is it ex? We’re not quite sure) and solo artist, Amelle Berrabah, to review some of the biggest tracks around. Here’s how it went down:
Ellie Goulding- ‘Burn’
Love it! I love her! She really interests me… I hope that’s not weird! She’s a great singer and such a talented songwriter. The song is fresh and current and something a little different.
Lady Gaga- ‘Applause’
I like it. It’s catchy and really stays in your head  *sings* “Applause. Applause. Applause”. I think the verses are very David Bowie and I like how she changes her voice around. She’s a great character.
Katy Perry- ‘Roar’
I’m not a fan. It kind of shocked me, if I’m honest. I think it sounds like it’s from an artist who’s a lot younger and I don’t think it’s really a lead single. It has grown on me a little.
MKS- ‘Flatline’
I really like it. I didn’t instantly love it but it’s definitely a grower. I love the harmonies and the blending. It’s just three really great voices. It sounds like the Sugababes earlier stuff from the start like ‘Overload’ and, yeah, I like it.
Adam J feat. Amelle & Nightcrashers -‘Love (Is All We Need)
It’s the best song ever! I’m kidding. I think it’s got a fresh sound and I love the bassline. I tried to make it sound kind of jazzy-esque. When I wrote it, I tried to make the lyrics a lot sweeter than the backing track. It’s a feel-good, Summer dance track. It’s about love which, without sounding corny, is a beautiful thing. It’s all about having a good time.
So there you have it. Some awesome reviews of some awesome pop songs from the awesome Amelle! Love (Is All We Need)’ by Adam J Feat. Amelle & Nightcrashers is out now and you can get it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment