Thursday 1 August 2013

Exclusive: Sugababes are "pretty much done", Jade Ewen reveals to Digital Spy

Exclusive: Sugababes are "pretty much done", Jade Ewen reveals

 |  By  

Jade Ewen has told Digital Spy that the Sugababes are "pretty much done".

The singer confessed that she can't see herself ever returning to the studio with Heidi Range and Amelle Berrabah, and has been working on solo material.

The Sugababes arriving at the Mint Leaf Restaurant in central London
© WENN
Sugababes





Speaking to DS at the recent BMW i3 launch, Ewen admitted: "I don't even know if the band stuff is going to happen again, if I'm completely honest.

"I think Amelle wants to do her own solo stuff, Heidi is doing a Happy Days musical... I think we're pretty much done.

"I'm working on solo material at the moment actually. It's only come about in the past three weeks, so it's quite a new project.

"No-one's really seen me yet. I sang for Eurovision, I've been in a band, but I don't think anyone really knows what I'm about."

Jade Ewen at the UK premiere of 'Katy Perry: Part of Me' in Leicester Square
© PA Images / Ian West/PA Wire
Jade Ewen
Mutya, Keisha and Siobhan


Ewen added that she wants the current Sugababes line-up, who went on hiatus in 2011 after releasing their album Sweet 7, to go on tour with original band members Mutya Buena, Keisha Buchanan and Siobhan Donaghy, who are now performing as MKS.

"I would love to do a giant tour of all the Sugababes, old lineup and new lineup," she said. "That would be awesome, it would sell out.

"That's easy for me to say though, I don't know how that would go down [with the other girls]. But I'm definitely up for it."

Berrabah claimed back in May that the Sugababes were thinking about recording new music in 2014.


Read more:http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a502339/sugababes-are-pretty-much-done-jade-ewen-reveals.html#ixzz2agtbNe1a
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment